Analyst, Menlo Park
Who You Are
You’re looking to explore or further develop a career in data analytics. You have a firm hold of the basic requisite skills and want to challenge yourself through rapid exposure to practical, real-world problems in a consultative role. You care deeply about both your work and your team. You are excited at the prospect of joining a data science-led startup in Silicon Valley and the sort of learning opportunities that it will provide for you. Data exploration and mining – at least what you know of it so far – resonates with your innate curiosity and penchant for analysis. You have always been a strong critical thinker and know how to build an argument. You are excited to partner with the analytical minds behind some of the world’s most valuable brands, even if you have never worked in marketing before.
Who We Are
Quantifind is a uniquely positioned data science and human insights company. We offer our clients Explanatory Analytics that help them better understand their customers' interests and priorities, and offer them opportunities for actionable changes to their marketing, operations, products, and even fraud detection. We want your help in applying our methods and SaaS product to specific client business questions.
We provide a supportive environment that fosters collaboration between teams and team members, where learning and professional growth is considered a key part of your success, and of ours. We offer a flexible work environment with a family-friendly work-life balance, catered lunches three times a week, and fun team activities to keep you healthy, happy, and stress-free.
What a Great Candidate Looks Like:
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You can think on your feet and are immediately ready to give interactive presentations to clients - many of whom will not have the same technical and quantitative background as yourself
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an applied quantitative or analytical field (e.g. math/physics, engineering, economics, social science, etc.) and possess 1-3 years of professional experience
- You have a solid understanding of fundamental concepts in statistics
- You are a capable programmer in R, Python, and/or MATLAB, and are willing to adopt R as your primary language
- You have experience working with large data sets from real-world problems
- Given a business question, you can design and lead yourself through an analysis plan
- You are eager to evolve and face new challenges
The Opportunity We Offer
Quantifind is seeking to fill a position on our Analyst team. Our team works closely with the Client Partners as part of each and every client engagement. Analysts at Quantifind are experts in the application of our product suite, and are also capable to perform custom analyses when the client business requirements demand it. We often identify opportunities for new product development as an outcome of these custom analyses. We regularly contribute to Product team initiatives, including: prototyping analysis products, defining new product requirements, and evaluating new data sources. In addition, our team works closely with the Data Science and Engineering teams on the implementation of Quantifind predictive models.
Analysts are welcome to attend the weekly Data Science seminar and we also have our own weekly team problem solving sessions. On the flip side, analysts are often exposed to senior executives from Fortune 500 companies offering a rare glimpse into how decisions get made by business experts in a wide variety of industries.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on living our values. We are curious. We respect each other. We are proactively transparent. We relentlessly solve problems. We win together.
Will you join us? Apply now!