DevOps Engineer, Menlo Park
Who You Are
You embrace the ethic of “infrastructure as code” but also accept that some work still needs to be done at the data center. You make decisions carefully but quickly, and can explain the trade-offs to others in the company. You can help the developers write better Ansible playbooks and keep longer-term infrastructure projects on track. You can effectively juggle immediate competing priorities while taking the long view to figure out how to build a bigger and better company and culture. You value the security of a company with a proven business model and enjoy the challenges a startup offers.
Who We Are
Quantifind is a uniquely positioned data science and human insights company. In our primary application, we offer marketing decision-makers tools to help them better understand their customers' interests and priorities. We are currently building out a new vertical aimed at financial crimes risk management including anti-money laundering (AML) and fraud detection. The clients in this vertical are data-rich and in search of data-driven advantages in their quest to root out criminal behavior. Our advantage is existing science, engineering, and SaaS product capabilities that align very well with the technology needs.
To help you succeed, we provide a supportive environment that fosters collaboration between teams and team members, where learning and professional growth are considered a key part of your success, and of ours. We offer a flexible work environment with a family friendly work-life balance, catered lunches three times a week, and fun team activities to keep you healthy, happy, and stress-free.
What A Great Candidate Looks Like:
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Strong scripting experience using Python and Bourne shell
- Linux administration with a preference for Ubuntu package management
- Ganeti virtual machine cluster management
- Public Cloud platforms (IaaS/PaaS) like AWS (strongly preferred), Rackspace, OpenStack, GCE, etc.
- Hadoop/HDFS installation and configuration
- Configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Monitoring tools like Nagios, Munin, Prometheus, Zenoss, etc.
- Release Engineering tools like Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Uptime/availability engineering, performance metrics, and monitoring
- Network design, operation and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with storage systems like Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Hive, etc.
- Previous experience with Kubernetes for container orchestration is desired
- Experience with network, host and application security practices
- Excellent communication, presentation and collaborative problem-solving skills
- Great team player who has a strong desire to change the way people use their data and have a huge impact on a small team
The Opportunity We Offer
As a DevOps engineer at Quantifind, you will play a critical role in developing our core product’s automation frameworks for deploying and managing the Signum solution. Our stack includes back-end services & infrastructure, a Polymer-based front-end web application, as well as machine learning methods & modules. As a member of our DevOps Team, you will have a big impact on how we build, automate, and scale our technology and processes. You will work closely with developers: solving problems, automating deployments, and championing best practices. We have physical hardware and virtual. Our technology includes: Ubuntu, Ansible, git, MapR, ProxMox, Nagios, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, Jenkins, and in-house Scala and NodeJS applications. We also use AWS for backups.We are an equal opportunity employer; we have a fun place to work and a devotion to succeeding together.
Will you join us? Apply now!