Senior Data Scientist
Who You Are
Making sense out of complex data is core to our business at Quantifind and we’re looking for talented Data Scientists to join the team. At Quantifind, we look to integrate large amounts of data from diverse data sources (structured financial data or unstructured social data) to drive important business decisions for large brands. We research the latest NLP algorithms to make text searching more efficient and we are able to pinpoint meaningful signals from vast amounts of signals including text, demographics, and interest groups. We algorithmically determine users’ demographics based on their language features and interests. And we draw causal conclusions on the financial impact of marketing campaigns from some household known brands. Underneath it all, we have proprietary data infrastructure built in-house where Data Scientists can experiment with new algorithms instantaneously. You are also encouraged to build finished data science products end-to-end: you will develop your own algorithms in our production pipeline!
Who We Are
Quantifind is a uniquely positioned data science and human insights company. We offer our clients Explanatory Analytics that help them better understand their customers' interests and priorities, and offer them opportunities for actionable changes to their marketing and products.
We provide a supportive environment that fosters collaboration between teams and team members, where learning and professional growth is considered a key part of your success, and of ours. We offer a flexible work environment with a family-friendly work-life balance, catered lunches three times a week, and fun team activities to keep you healthy, happy, and stress-free.
What A Great Candidate Looks Like:
- Outstanding quantitative analytical ability
- Independent and creative approach to problem solving
- At least 5-7 years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of Statistics/Probability/Machine learning
- General Statistical concepts such as hypothesis testing, estimation, inference
- Supervised and unsupervised statistical models such as regression (linear / logistic), time series models (ARIMA / DLM), clustering, dimension reduction
- Machine learning algorithms such as Random Forest, Boosting, SVMs
- Exposure to NLP models such as Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA), Latent Semantic Analysis (LSA), Sentiment models is a plus
- Strong programming experience in two or more of the following: R, Python, Matlab, Scala/Java
- Understanding of algorithm complexity and performance implications
- Knowledge of elementary data structures
- Basic knowledge in SQL
- MS or higher in the following areas: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science
The Opportunity We Offer
Quantifind is seeking to fill a position on our Data Science team. We are an equal opportunity employer; we have a fun place to work and a devotion to succeeding together.
Will you join us? Apply now!