Senior Front-end Software Engineer
Who You Are
You hold yourself and your teammates to a high standard when it comes to writing clean, performant, and maintainable code that powers well-designed web applications. You are very productive and deliver extremely high quality front-end code where the separation of concerns is clear and follows architectural best practices. You apply software patterns well and take testing your code seriously. You write unit tests while writing production code rather than as an afterthought. Your code meets the rigorous standards needed for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment workflows.
You care deeply about your work and its impact on your team’s productivity. You work well in cross-functional settings that include User Experience Designers, Product Owners, Data Scientists, and Service Layer Engineers. You are constantly proactive in finding new ways to improve the design, performance, and testing of the software that you and your team build. You value the security of a company with a proven business model and enjoy the opportunities a startup offers.
You have a great work ethic and are able to take on major projects from start to finish, either solo or collaborating with other engineers. You are a top performer who is effective in mentoring other front-end engineers. You inspire the best in your teammates. On a personal note, you are fun to work with; you maintain a positive attitude throughout the Agile Sprint cycle.
Who We Are
Quantifind is a uniquely positioned data science and human insights company. We use Machine Learning to empower our customers to make better decisions by combining their intuition with insights extracted from vast quantities of unstructured data. We offer marketing decision-makers tools to help them better understand their customers' interests and priorities. We are currently building out a new vertical aimed at financial crimes risk management including anti-money laundering (AML) and fraud detection. The clients in this vertical are data-rich and in search of data-driven advantages in their quest to root out criminal behavior. Our advantage is existing science, engineering, and SaaS product capabilities that align very well with the technology needs.
To help you succeed, we provide a supportive environment that fosters collaboration between teams and team members, where learning and professional growth are considered a key part of your success, and of ours. We offer a flexible work environment with a family friendly work-life balance, catered lunches three times a week, and fun team activities to keep you healthy, happy, and stress-free.
What a Great Candidate Looks Like:
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Professional software engineer for at least 5 years with a focus on front-end engineering
- Professional experience for at least 2 years using React
- Professional experience at a software startup preferred
- Professional experience developing rich, powerful, and reusable components with frameworks such as React, Polymer, and LitElement
- Professional experience using Redux to manage application state
- Experience with data visualization using D3.js, SVG, Canvas, etc.
- Strong UX and design sensibilities and attention to detail
- Professional experience working with MongoDB
- Professional experience writing unit tests and automated integration tests
- Solid understanding of concurrency and distributed systems
- Effective representing the Front-end team when interacting with other technical specialties to elaborate and refine technical requirements
- You enjoy leading by example and helping others understand complex ideas
The Opportunity We Offer
Quantifind is seeking a Senior Front-end Software Engineer for our Front-end team in Menlo Park, CA. You will create browser-based, responsive applications built with reusable components. The Front-end team works closely with our Data Scientists and Platform Engineers to build an interactive product that reveals Machine Learning insights so our clients can take action.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on living our values. We are curious. We respect each other. We are proactively transparent. We relentlessly solve problems. We win together.
Will you join us? Apply now!